Soho Hotel, Terrace Suite Image cc: Simon Brown
In the Kit Kemp Collection, Wilton Carpets has collaborated with Kit Kemp MBE, Interior designer, who has been creating inspiring and unmistakable interiors for the last three decades. In her role as co-owner and design director of Firmdale Hotels, Kit has forged an international reputation for unique hotels, and as an author and champion of British art and sculpture.
With famous destinations such as London’s Ham Yard, Number Sixteen and The Soho, and New York’s Crosby Street Hotel and The Whitby Hotel; Kit Kemp’s interiors have secured prestigious awards, such as Conde Nast Traveller’s Best Hotel in the World for Design. Her intimate interiors are blessed with a distinctive, carefree and colourful spirit that is undeniably original.
Now, Kit’s individual and playful approach to interior design can be discovered in a range of inspiring carpets by Wilton Carpets, each taking a little piece of her style and translating it into a vibrant and beautiful floor covering for hotel interiors the world over.
The Kit Kemp Collection is made of nine genuinely individual designs; an eclectic assortment welcomes happiness and colour for interiors with a real a sense of adventure. From inspiration as diverse as folk, architecture and botany, Wilton’s design team has expertly created a collection that stands out for its unique sense of pattern and colour.
Made-to-order by Wilton Carpets in Wiltshire, each carpet is woven in a rich British wool and nylon blend to bring enduring looks and lasting resilience, in a quality to suit the individual requirements of hotel projects. Whether tradition Axminster or Wilton woven constructions, or the added texture of a Brussels weave, the Kit Kemp by Wilton Carpets collection provides carpet of the finest quality, a transformative experience that is both distinct and beautiful.
Soho Hotel Image gallery cc: Simon Brown
The collection includes:
- Batik One of the most difficult influences to turn into carpet, Batik references hand-blocked fabrics and the subtle-effects this technique brings. Kit Kemp says: ‘It’s a new way to bring one-off craftwork into your home.’ Batik comes in two striking colourways dominated by red and blue.
- By Way A classic herringbone infused with bright colour combinations that Kit describes as ‘having fun in a colourful and carefree way’. Available in four high-contrast colourways.
- Detail A strong architectural look, which is ‘one of my favourites, so simple but graphic and strong’, explains Kit. Available in six colourways, including red on blue and yellow on black.
- Domino Based on traditional Turkish carpets, this design has a large diamond repeat that Kit says, ‘needs to be seen to be believed’. A definite ode to the Arts and Crafts Movement in four colourways including dynamic shades of blue and terracotta.
- Flower and Berry There is more than meets the eye with this overall botanical pattern. ‘This is a design that will work well in both traditional and modern settings’, says Kit. Available in five colourways, featuring red on off-white, off-white on blue and off-white on pea green.
- Leaf Cut Inspired by nature, this is a carpet that Kit describes as, ‘falling leaves in a modern way that will look interesting in any environment’. Leaf Cut comes in two popping colourways, blue with leaves of orange and red with green.
- Open Plan A large repeat that looks good in grand areas, tribal influences abound. The Open Plan pattern ‘takes the traditional and turns it into something that says today’, explains Kit. This pattern comes in four colour combinations, including three with an off-white base cloth.
- Tweed Fleck A tweed design which Kit describes as having ‘flecks of fabulous tiny vibrant colours’. It is a modern day classic. Tweed Fleck is available in seven high-impact colourways, including red, teal and blue.
- Squiggle A simple linear geometric design that still manages to make a statement and which Kit believes will make ‘halls and stairways look tailored’. With inversed colours available, this pattern comes in five other off-white combinations.
The Kit Kemp Collection: Designed by Kit, made by Wilton
Demonstrating just what is achievable when two creative forces collaborate, the Kit Kemp Collection by Wilton Carpets is not only testament of the designer’s ability to bring an exciting, carefree spirit to interiors, but also of Wilton’s ability to create beautiful carpets.
Working closely with Kit Kemp, the design team at Wilton has pushed the frontiers of carpet manufacturing, producing designs that are more intimate than ever before, yet entirely functional in today’s hotel interiors. Through the collection, Wilton Carpets is undoubtedly validating its reputation as a manufacturer that truly understands fine carpet craft.
If you would like to speak with a member of the Wilton Carpets team about the Kit Kemp Collection, then please call us on 01722 746000 or Email Us.